Other Brand Series
GMC-IBattery Testers Digital Multimeters Clamp Meters Medical Safety Testers Power Quality Analyzers Installation Testers Electrical Safety Testers
Metrahit IM XTRA BT
All-in-One: Multimeter and Milliohmmeter, Insulation Measuring Instrument, Coil Tester, Data Logger
Well suited for service and diagnostics for electric machines and systems, in particular in the automotive industry, in electric machinery manufacturing and in aviation technology.
Compact and multifunctional for use in the field. Can be used advantageously in aircraft cockpits as well as in other constricted spaces, which would otherwise require the use of several individual instruments.
Insulation resistance measurement up to 3.1 GW with interference voltage detection, test voltages:
- 50, 100, 250, 500 and 1000 V per DIN EN 61557-2 / VDE 0413-2
- DAR: dielectric absorption rate, PI: polarization index
- 4-wire milliohm measurement (Kelvin connection), 200 mA or 1 A measuring current for precise
- measurement of extremely small resistances with a resolution of 1 μW
- 2-wire Rlo measurement with 200 mA test current per DIN EN 61557-4 / VDE 0413-4
- Short-circuited coil test with 1000 V and optional COIL adapter
- Housing with IP52 protection, dust and splash protected, replaceable rubber holster
- Voltage: DC / AC 10 μV ... 1000V
- Current: DC / AC: 10nA ... 1.000A
- Clip function 1000/100/10/1:1 for current transformers
- Resistance: 0.001 mΩ... 30.00 MΩ
- Capacitance: 10 pF ... 300 μF
- Frequency: 10.00 Hz ... 300.0kHz
- Diode / Continuity
- Temperature TC with K-type/Pt100/Pt1000: –250 ... 1300 ° C
- TRMS bandwidth: 10 kHz
- ABS Automatic Blocking Sockets
- DAkkS Calibration Certificate
- Special low-impedance alternating voltage measurement (1 MW)
- 1 kHz / -3 dB low-pass filter can be activated
- TRMS AC, AC+DC measurement up to 100 kHz for voltage and current
- Data logger
- Programmable sequences for test routines
- Push/print function transfers measured values to software by pressing a key
- Interfaces: Bluetooth or WLAN integrated, USB with optional mains module
- IZYTRONIQ windows software for documentation, preparation of test reports and graphic evaluation of measurements
Insulation Resistance Measurement with Interference Voltage Detection
Insulation resistance measurement with test voltages of 50 to 1000 V. If interference voltage of greater than 15 V AC or 25 V DC is detected during insulation measurement, an error message appears briefly at the display, after which automatic switching to TRMSAC+DC voltage measurement at 1 MΩ takes place.
Polarization Index (PI):
When test voltage is applied, insulation resistance is measured after one minute and after ten minutes. The polarization index is the ratio which results from the two measured values. In the case of electric drive units, a value of at least 2 indicates intact insulation and a value of greater than 4 indicates very good insulation.
Absorption Index (DAR)
Practically speaking, the absorption index test is a quick polarization index measurement. The ISO values measured after 30 and 60 seconds are used to generate a ratio.
Kelvin Connection for 4-Wire Measurement (4-L) (milliohm measurement)
The 4-wire measurement compensates for influences resulting from cable and contact resistances which must not be neglected when measuring very small resistances. Measuring current can be set to 200 mA or 1 A. In this way, even extremely small contact resistances can be measured, for example at welded and riveted joints and on aircraft outer skins (lightning protection and wick test), or equipotential bonding is measured in accordance with UN ECE R100 in hybrid and electric vehicles.
2-Wire Rlo Measurement with 200 mA Test Current per EN 61557 / VDE 0413
Low-resistance measurement per EN 61557-4 / VDE 0413, part 4, for earth, protective and equipotential bonding conductors.
Activatable Filter for V AC Measurement
A 1 kHz low-pass filter can be activated if required, for example when measuring cables with parasitic external signals. The input signal is checked by a voltage comparator for dangerous voltages as long as the low-pass filter is activated, and these are indicated at the display if applicable.
Diode Testing with Constant Current Ik = 1 mA
Testing of the polarity of diodes and checking for short-circuits and interruptions in electrical circuits. The test voltage source makes it possible to measure LEDs and reference diodes up to 4.5 V, e.g. also white LEDs.
Color Graphic Display
A high-resolution transmissive 3½" TFT color graphic display with 320 x 480 dots is used for measured values and menu navigation. The display is easily readable from all directions, as well as under difficult lighting conditions (controllable with light sensor). Graphic representation permits user-friendly menu navigation including help texts.